SkIndigo 2.4.8

Announcements, requests and support regarding SkIndigo - the Sketchup / Indigo exporter.
ieatfish

Re: SkIndigo 2.4.8

Post by ieatfish » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:33 pm

Whaat wrote: Spheres work fine for me. Create a component and name the definition 'IndigoSphere'.
Yeah, I don't know what you were talking about. They're working fine... :P I was putting in an underscore.

On a related note, would it be possible to have any string with 'indigo' and 'sphere' in it render as a sphere? This would help me since I wouldn't have to remember what is capitalized and how to format the name. IF not, oh well. I'll just have to remember.
Intel Core-i7 @ 4.0 GHz | GTX 580 | 12 GB RAM

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:37 pm

Hi Whaat! Here to report some bugs:

1. SkIndigo doesn't save the exposure value correctly: if you give a value different than 0, Indigo doesn't recognize it and starts rendering with the 0 default value. Moreover, next time you call the render settings dialog inside Sketchy, SkIndigo has changed the exposure value to 0.3.

2. There are some issues (sadly) about the "apply to model" and "apply to scene" feature. Once I clicked "apply to scene" I was unable to make the region rendering work properly again, as it did before.
I did not encounter other issues: I was working with region rendering so I spotted this one.

Hope I gave you enough material to understand what's going on.

I'll come back when I find some other bugs. Or IF.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:41 am

Pibuz wrote:Hi Whaat! Here to report some bugs:

1. SkIndigo doesn't save the exposure value correctly: if you give a value different than 0, Indigo doesn't recognize it and starts rendering with the 0 default value. Moreover, next time you call the render settings dialog inside Sketchy, SkIndigo has changed the exposure value to 0.3.

2. There are some issues (sadly) about the "apply to model" and "apply to scene" feature. Once I clicked "apply to scene" I was unable to make the region rendering work properly again, as it did before.
I did not encounter other issues: I was working with region rendering so I spotted this one.

Hope I gave you enough material to understand what's going on.

I'll come back when I find some other bugs. Or IF.
Thanks Pibuz,

I will take a look at these issues ASAP.

Jeff Hammond
Indigo 100

Post by Jeff Hammond » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:00 pm

hey Whaat,

i got a new computer and i'm having a problem with skindigo. my other computer has leopard on it but the new one is snow leopard.

an explanation of the problem can be seen in an scf thread regarding chris' loft plugin:
http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtop ... 77#p197177

skindigo isn't doing this on my leopard computers and only the new one with 10.6

one thing i noticed with the new setup is that sketchup never asked me to locate indigo as it's always done in the past. the connection was made automagically.

thanks for any help.

[edit.. btw, this is with su8 on the new computer however, i'm not experiencing said behavior with leopard and su7 or su8.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Fri Sep 17, 2010 7:10 pm

Other bug, concerning the new "apply to.." feature: light layers' names aren't kept; they always stay like my default template, that is "Sun", "Sky", 1, 2, 3,...

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:07 am

Pibuz wrote:Other bug, concerning the new "apply to.." feature: light layers' names aren't kept; they always stay like my default template, that is "Sun", "Sky", 1, 2, 3,...
I'm afraid you will have to use the same light layer names even if you are applying the settings to scene.

I will see if there's anything I can do about it, though.

Whaat
Developer

Post by Whaat » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:12 am

Jeff Hammond wrote:hey Whaat,

i got a new computer and i'm having a problem with skindigo. my other computer has leopard on it but the new one is snow leopard.

an explanation of the problem can be seen in an scf thread regarding chris' loft plugin:
http://forums.sketchucation.com/viewtop ... 77#p197177

skindigo isn't doing this on my leopard computers and only the new one with 10.6

one thing i noticed with the new setup is that sketchup never asked me to locate indigo as it's always done in the past. the connection was made automagically.

thanks for any help.

[edit.. btw, this is with su8 on the new computer however, i'm not experiencing said behavior with leopard and su7 or su8.
Hi Jeff,

So, SkIndigo causes your model to think it needs to save? I'm not sure if I can test this because I think my Mac OS is different than yours. I will look into it though. I hope it's not a huge problem.

The other issue of SkIndigo not asking where you have Indigo located will be fixed in the next release (hopefully within a few days).

Thanks for reporting!

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 1:18 am

Whaat wrote:
Pibuz wrote:Other bug, concerning the new "apply to.." feature: light layers' names aren't kept; they always stay like my default template, that is "Sun", "Sky", 1, 2, 3,...
I'm afraid you will have to use the same light layer names even if you are applying the settings to scene.

I will see if there's anything I can do about it, though.
Sorry, I actually didn't explain well..
I don't want to use different light layers names in different scenes: I just reported that after having the "apply to scene" button clicked, SkIndigo substitutes (while exporting, I guess) the light layers' names with my default names. So in the Indigo GUI I see Sun, Sky, 0, 1, 2 etc.. instead of the light layers names I've set in SkIndigo. There's sort of an override or something. This only happens AFTER I click the apply to scene button even only once.

Jeff Hammond
Indigo 100

Post by Jeff Hammond » Mon Sep 20, 2010 6:30 am

Whaat wrote: Hi Jeff,

So, SkIndigo causes your model to think it needs to save? I'm not sure if I can test this because I think my Mac OS is different than yours. I will look into it though. I hope it's not a huge problem.

The other issue of SkIndigo not asking where you have Indigo located will be fixed in the next release (hopefully within a few days).

Thanks for reporting!
fwiw, it's actually adding a new material upon launch. i can undo a couple of times to get it back to normal.

the reason it's a minor inconvenience is that upon launching sketchup, i always close the window then open a new one in order to get some of my ruby icons to appear in the SU toolbar.. when the file is modified, which is happening because of skindigo, i can't just close the window.. i have to then answer the 'do you want to save etc.' dialog..

Jeff Hammond
Indigo 100

Post by Jeff Hammond » Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:29 am

well, i managed to sort it out and get things working properly.

i noticed the UI for the material editor kept opening in the basic layout regardless of which state it was in when i closed it.. i switched it to the detailed version of the editor then did a 'save defaults' in the render settings dialog which got the material editor opening as i wanted.. in turn, fixing that made my original problem disappear as well :D

out of curiosity, i set my other computer to default to the basic material editor and it then had the same behavior as i earlier described.. you can check it out yourself by doing that and see that i wasn't off the rocker :D

25 posts