applying the materiaal helper

Announcements, information, requests and support regarding other exporters and general/new exporters
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
MR_aRt

applying the materiaal helper

Post by MR_aRt » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:09 am

Hello everyone,

Has anyone been able to use the exporter. When I apply it in the way the creator of the exporter say i get an error about the "default Scene_Material". What I don't under stand is that in the explanation that Riccardo gives. There is a popup that ask about applying the material to a shared object property and if you want to make a local copy. But no where has this been mentioned.

I have been trying for atleast 3 weeks to get this plugin to work.

Best regards,
MR aRt

rgigante

Post by rgigante » Wed Feb 07, 2007 8:41 pm

Hi Mr_Art

could you please post a simple scene or at least the steps done to use the material helper?

Regards, Riccardo.

MR_aRt

Post by MR_aRt » Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:36 pm

Here are the steps I do: I start XSI 6 go to primitives/ polugon mesh/ cube.

when the mesh appears I open the explorer and select Scene_Material (Scene_Root) when I try to apply it it the first time it asks me if I would like to make a local copy of this object before I make changes. I choose yes.

What should I choose when it askes?

after I add the camera helper (that goes good).
I choose export scene. then there I choose the secne export path and output camera. Then when I choose export to xml and I can get an error about the the material.

Kind regards,
Jeffrey

rgigante

Post by rgigante » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:54 pm

Jeffrey,

the scene material is by default applied to your objects so no need to apply it again. What instead u miss is to invoke the material helper which requires a material to be applied. So click on "material helper" select in the XSI explorer window the "Scene_material" and a custom property should rise up with the Indigo Material property now attached to "Scene_material".

Now try to export scene and it should work.

PS. XSI2Indigo 1.0b is compatible only with Indigo 0.6 not 0.7

Thanks in advance, R.

4 posts • Page 1 of 1