Missing materials FBX

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
5 posts • Page 1 of 1
davide445

Missing materials FBX

Post by davide445 » Sat May 07, 2016 3:52 am

Testing iClone --> C4D --> Indigo path
Exported iClone avatar animation into FBX, imported in C4D, testing the Indigo rendering.
So far using the Plugin>Render with Indigo I got the message
"The scene "C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Indigo for Cinema 4D\quickrender\quickrender.igs" is missing textures:
Failed to find texture 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\Indigo for Cinema 4D\quickrender\TempAvatar.fbm\FbxTemp_0001.jpg', used by material 'RL_Tongue'." etc etc with all other materials
Materials are correctly displayed into C4D, here the FBX file https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bxbef ... jhVRVE2VkE
Using Indigo 4.0.37 and 3.8.26.2 plugin

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: Missing materials FBX

Post by Zom-B » Sun May 08, 2016 12:10 am

I tried your FBX and had all Materials working with correct paths.

Importing the FBX in C4D took a while, since C4D creates a folder whre the textures inside that FBXget exporter, its in the same folder where your FBX is, called "TempAvatar.fbm" for me.

Only thing I always do is using a custom export path for the Project in my temp folder I use for rendering...

Only strange thing was that the Materials could not be edited somehow, also not the one I converted to Indigo Mats :?:
polygonmanufaktur.de

davide445

Post by davide445 » Sun May 08, 2016 5:33 am

You're right, using custom export path no material problems, this is strange.
Want to know if you have had problems with skin and hair materials.
The first one was transparent in C4D, the second one was translated into Reflective in Indigo.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sun May 08, 2016 6:13 am

davide445 wrote:Want to know if you have had problems with skin and hair materials.
The first one was transparent in C4D, the second one was translated into Reflective in Indigo.
Sure, I had the same issues. The convert material feature is just a rough estimation of C4D materials, not perfect.
But you also have to remember, that these materials are actually iClone mats, converted to FBX mats, converted to C4D mats and then converted to Indigo mats...
The pipeline is long enough to bring some errors into this material definitions... sadly.

I do think that the material converting feature need some update regarding the new reflectance feature of R16.
polygonmanufaktur.de

davide445

Post by davide445 » Sun May 08, 2016 8:06 am

At least these are systematic errors.
A problem I have in resetting the Glossy Transparent unsupported material into GPU render: any way to search a material by type and not only by name? Check one by one by hand it's a long task.

5 posts • Page 1 of 1