Colorcorrect Textures

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Behrendt

Colorcorrect Textures

Post by Behrendt » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:42 pm

Hi guys,

normally when I have to colorcorrect textures I use the C4D-Filter shader. When using Indigo this seems a bit awkward, because textures will be baked and in consequence the resolution of the texture either is very low or exporting will take a long time. Is there any way to nondestructively colorcorrect textures? Or is there a possibilty that Indigo might introduce a native colorcorrect shader?

I get that doing colorcorrection inside Photoshop is of course the more detailed way, but doing it inside C4D has huge advantages. If I want color variations based on the same texture I don't need the same texture for every color, setup is MUCH faster and more intuitive, if I don't have to go into PS an save my file everytime, I don't end up with endless incoherent variations of the same texture across my projects and so on.

So - how do you go about it? Or am I missing something here?

Kind Regards

Christian

thesquirell

Re: Colorcorrect Textures

Post by thesquirell » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:11 pm

I usually avoid baking textures in the later stages of an export process simply because sometimes there are so many of them that they will eat up a lot of time. Usually, by adjusting them and baking them in the early stages of an export, and fixing the resolution of the texture under "Extra Options" in material editor, does the nice trick. Another great method of baking them is to use "Bake Material on Object" inside the Plugins-Indigo for Cinema 4D-Bake Material on Object, but that may not be something we would love all the time, since it bakes the texture on object's UV map, even though it's very fast. Definitely, would love to see a filter section inside the texture editor in Indigo, as well as in C4D, under a roll-out tab, for example. Also, access to scale/rotation parameters inside C4D material editor would be beautiful.

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Fri Oct 23, 2015 1:05 am

Yes, there are color correction shader variables but gamma in Indigo and Cindigo yet; thats not very handy.
You missed nothing! :)

Cheers, zeiti
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

Behrendt

Post by Behrendt » Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:06 am

Sorry zeitmeister, just to check if I understand correctly - only option Indigo offers directly at the moment is changing the gamma value? :)
@thesquirell
Yes, I also want to avoid to bake textures if possible :) I think it shouldn't be a too big request to implement a similar shader in Indigo. Is there any place I should submit such a feature request?

4 posts • Page 1 of 1