Scale/Rotate access

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
thesquirell

Scale/Rotate access

Post by thesquirell » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:05 pm

Hello there dear devs! (fused :D)

Apart from much needed render instaces-multimaterial option for exporter, I was wondering if there is way to set up/access rotation/scale parameters of a texture from C4D? If there's none, I would suggest creating an UI for that, since we already have a,b,c parameters. What say ye?

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: Scale/Rotate access

Post by Zom-B » Wed Jul 29, 2015 7:08 pm

thesquirell wrote:I was wondering if there is way to set up/access rotation/scale parameters of a texture from C4D?
The exporter transforms your current material projection to UVMs.
So simply use whatever tools in C4D to modify the projection as you like!
material.JPG
Rotation and viewport based transformations are done by having these tools active:
tools.JPG
polygonmanufaktur.de

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Wed Jul 29, 2015 9:47 pm

Hey there Zom-B! Thanks again, for the reply!

I see what you did there, but here is why I opened this thread. What if we have, let's say, a Blend material, with M1 and M2 as our blend materials, and I want Lange U/V, of M1 to be different, to tile more across the surface then M2, but still retain my alpha distribution over the complete surface. At the moment, this is only possible if I export the material, go inside the M1, and change it's rotation/scale to a higher number. Or is it the only way? Take a look at the file and try tilling that cute seal across the surface, while retaining the distribution of the red colour across the sphere.
Attachments
rotationscale.rar
(411.35 KiB) Downloaded 245 times

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Wed Jul 29, 2015 11:38 pm

What you are refering to are multiple UVMs for a material.
Also great to have lets say a different scaling of some bump map.

A option to define material UVM per channel is already long time on my (submitted) wishlist for the Exporter ^^

In C4D there is "Projector Shader" that is able to change material projection per channel.
Attachments
shader.png
polygonmanufaktur.de

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Thu Jul 30, 2015 12:47 am

Well, that would be a great thing to have. I just think that UI support inside C4D for rotation/scale would also add to the completeness of exporter, and actually help us a lot in tilling our textures. Using projector shader atm just bakes the texture at a certain size, which is something we want to avoid in the first place, otherwise we could just paint the whole texture across the surface with enormous texture sizes, which is ridiculous.

This is the second thing, in the last two weeks, which I have discovered, that seriously cripple my workflow/usability. As much as I love Indigo, I have to say that this needs to be added asap, and Indigo team should seriously consider hiring someone (a team?), for the job of keeping exporters in tune with the demands of their users, otherwise this just lacks the needed seriousness for a high end renderer. You said it for yourself, "already long time on my (submitted) wishlist", and the previous bug with render instances you already found out by yourself, who knows how long ago. Integration can not be a thing of a free time, nor an enthusiastic endeavor of users.

Oscar J
1st Place Winner
3D Software: Blender

Post by Oscar J » Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:44 am

thesquirell wrote:
This is the second thing, in the last two weeks, which I have discovered, that seriously cripple my workflow/usability. As much as I love Indigo, I have to say that this needs to be added asap, and Indigo team should seriously consider hiring someone (a team?), for the job of keeping exporters in tune with the demands of their users, otherwise this just lacks the needed seriousness for a high end renderer. You said it for yourself, "already long time on my (submitted) wishlist", and the previous bug with render instances you already found out by yourself, who knows how long ago. Integration can not be a thing of a free time, nor an enthusiastic endeavor of users.
Yes, the exporters are not in great shape at the moment.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:45 pm

Oscar J wrote:
thesquirell wrote:Yes, the exporters are not in great shape at the moment.
The C4D exporter is, just had some big update recently ;)
polygonmanufaktur.de

thesquirell

Post by thesquirell » Mon Aug 03, 2015 12:25 am

Zom-B, are you telling us that you know something we don't? If you do, it's not polite to secret it, my love! :P
Yeah, those updates were just plain amazing. I just now need those render instances problem solved, and access to the scale/rotate parameters, and I can pass away as a happy man!

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:30 am

thesquirell wrote:Zom-B, are you telling us that you know something we don't? If you do, it's not polite to secret it, my love! :P
I was only referring to this version + the two hotfix releases after that :)

I have no further informations, and if I would have I wouldn't be allowed to tell anything I suggest...
polygonmanufaktur.de

9 posts • Page 1 of 1