Bugs in Cindigo 3.6.12

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
7 posts • Page 1 of 1
wlf_alex

Bugs in Cindigo 3.6.12

Post by wlf_alex » Sat May 04, 2013 9:07 am

Hola !
These are some bugs that i managed to discover.
1. Does not work "Render Region" both in the Cindigo as and in Indigo. Range of the region it is not drawn on top of the scene, and hides behind the objects. Is it possible to designate "Render Region" interactively? Manually doing it very very uncomfortable!
2. Does not work "Render alpha." Only a strange noise instead of the sky! What for? Why disable the sky? Alpha channel is not available in the Picture manager of C4D and also in Photoshop. If I do render with Indigo, the alpha channel is available. But for the EXR format - not available.
3. Switch does not work "save to scene export path". If I do render with Indigo, it is working.
4. For Interactive tonemapping. If I change the intensity of any light source and then close and re-open the panel of Interactive tonemapping, the intensity of the light source is reset to the initial settings. Also, the maximum value of the intensity is limited to 500%. What for?
5. If I stop the rendering is paused, the value of "render time" does not stop. This is not correct.

( C4D r13.029, Cindigo 3.6.12 )

regards...
Last edited by wlf_alex on Mon May 06, 2013 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
ArchiCAD 14, Cinema 4D r13, IndigoRender, VrayforC4D

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Bugs in Cindigo 3.6.12

Post by zeitmeister » Sun May 05, 2013 3:04 am

Regarding region render:
Fused, would it be possible to read out the values of the original C4D region render?
I mean that all region render settings remain in the render settings dialogue of C4D, and vanish from the Indigo Camera tag?
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Bugs in Cindigo 3.6.12

Post by fused » Mon May 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Hi Alex,
wlf_alex wrote:Hola !
These are some bugs that i managed to discover.
1. Does not work "Render Region" both in the Cindigo as and in Indigo. Range of the region it is not drawn on top of the scene, and hides behind the objects. Is it possible to designate "Render Region" interactively? Manually doing it very very uncomfortable!
Sorry, I broke region rendering for good in the last or maybe previous release. I intend to fix it properly at some point.
wlf_alex wrote:2. Does not work "Render alpha." Only a strange noise instead of the sky! What for? Why disable the sky? Alpha channel is not available in the Picture manager of C4D and also in Photoshop. If I do render with Indigo, the alpha channel is available. But for the EXR format - not available.
That the alpha channel isn't there when saving the image from C4D is actually a bug in C4D R13. It won't save the alpha channel at all. It works in any other version.
I haven't reported this bug to Maxon yet, but I'll do that soon.

The reason that the sky is only such a strange looking noise is that the alpha channel is an important part of the image and C4D does not visualise the alpha, so it looks wrong in the picture viewer. The sky is not shown because that is what rendering with alpha does.
wlf_alex wrote:3. Switch does not work "save to scene export path". If I do render with Indigo, it is working.
The switch works as intended, then. The scene is only "exported" (written to disk) when you render with the standalone version of Indigo.
wlf_alex wrote:4. For Interactive tonemapping. If I change the intensity of any light source and then close and re-open the panel of Interactive tonemapping, the intensity of the light source is reset to the initial settings. Also, the maximum value of the intensity is limited to 500%. What for?
I'll look into this issue.
wlf_alex wrote:5. If I stop the rendering is paused, the value of "render time" does not stop. This is not correct.
C4D can't pause it's render time.

Cheers!

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Mon May 06, 2013 11:23 pm

zeitmeister wrote:Regarding region render:
Fused, would it be possible to read out the values of the original C4D region render?
I mean that all region render settings remain in the render settings dialogue of C4D, and vanish from the Indigo Camera tag?
Yes, totally.

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Bugs in Cindigo 3.6.12

Post by zeitmeister » Tue May 07, 2013 4:48 am

:-)
Be honest, you let your cat response.
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Tue May 07, 2013 5:10 am

zeitmeister wrote::-)
Be honest, you let your cat response.
Lies!

:)

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Wed May 08, 2013 2:46 am