Aperture Diffraction help

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
4 posts • Page 1 of 1
Rezca

Aperture Diffraction help

Post by Rezca » Sun Mar 24, 2013 7:23 pm

Okay, so I've learned quite a bit about Indigo's lights and how they work recently, especially I've found I've gotten better results using a camera model as opposed to Reinhard.

Lately I've been wanting to experiment with the Obstacle Map to get blurred lights and such, and plugged in a dust map. I got some interesting results really fast (Well interesting to me anyway ^^), but I only see the option to enable these fields and add a texture map to control the Obstacle Map and Aperture shape while working in Cinema 4D by selecting the camera tag. In Indigo RT standalone I do not see any option for this - only a checkbox to enable or disable diffraction.

However, if I enable this inside cinema 4d and define an image for these two fields before exporting the scene for rendering, Indigo RT still renders the image with the dust diffraction like it did in Cinema, but I don't see anything different in Indigo's fields. Nothing different in the camera, render settings, or anything - but the render is different.

So my question is this: Is enabling and setting the Obstacle Maps and Aperture shapes only possible within the 3D applications and not within Indigo itself?
Cinema 4D R13 Visualize + Indigo Render

Mor4us
3rd Place Winner
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Aperture Diffraction help

Post by Mor4us » Mon Mar 25, 2013 12:24 am

Maybe this is due to most users using Indigo in their host 3D app and not Indigo standalone.
So maybe the development of the Indigo GUI is not that up to date as all the exporters are.
C4D R20 Studio
mad-imagery.com

Rezca

Post by Rezca » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:15 am

*nods* I suppose so.

I find it easier to swap camera models and make adjustments to the render in Indigo standalone than in Cinema 4D, and sometimes find it a bit faster too. So I've been doing my final rendering almost exclusively in standalone.

Thanks for the thoughts though, I thought I mighta been missing something ^_^
Turns out it wasn't there at all.
Cinema 4D R13 Visualize + Indigo Render

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:37 am

Like Mor4us said.

Efforts are put on exporters in one hand, and the renderer core in the other hand; ideally Indigo should be fully operatable from the host application.

Indigo can do more than the standalone GUI shows up indeed, the later has been overlooked a bit too much... But unlike CIndigo, my exporter was relying on the standalone so the need was stronger for a complete GUI.
obsolete asset

4 posts • Page 1 of 1