The Question to developer.

Post by Prof4D » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:11 am

The Question?
Possible in Indigo to enter full-fledged effect flash of a camera

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: The Question to developer.

Post by Zom-B » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:58 am

Using a light simulator like Indigo should be easy to do some flash effect out of the box, don't you think ;)
Simply placing a small emitter at the position of the camera (tiniy little higher), and you are done!

Here a quick example using simple Clay render mode:
flash.jpg
That technique is usable in actually all render engines...
polygonmanufaktur.de

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:02 am

Perhaps am I not going to model a table set after all o_O
obsolete asset

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:15 am

He he, its a free model of some Xmas calender from a French C4D community, here is what the containing txt says:

Code: Select all

Petite table ronde pour mariage à insérer dans chapiteau.
Attention ! copyright de Daniel Mueri concernant ses couverts, les serviettes et le verre.
Fichier 10.5
If you want I can send ya the 3D files as OBJ :)
polygonmanufaktur.de

Prof4D

Post by Prof4D » Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:54 am

I interest work an фотовспышки together with camera Indigo,rather then separate source of the light which and close does not approach to фотовспышке. Depending on flashes and distances before object duration flashes can vary from 1/500 before 1/50 000 sec.

Day light

Advantage Defect

High power of the light Seasonal change Free energy of the Fluctuation during day Broad range effect Dependency from weather Ideal spectral composition Constant dependency from spectral change

Galogennoe/паросветное illumination

Advantage Stable светоотдача Stable color temperature Konsistentnyy немерцающий light
Teplootdacha (lower, beside traditional sources of the long-lasting light) Possibility use photolaziness with emulsion for day light Fitness for киносъемки, videoremovals and digital removal

Duration and power of the flash

Synchronizing in given context means at conduct of the flash in action with simultaneously
the lowering shutter. Modern shutter usually use the system H synchronizing. The Trigger contact shutter is closed exactly at moment of the full opening shutter. In other words, when shutter cameras completely open, activate current can get through contact of the synchronizing to bring into operation flash. Usually this type to synchronizing is used for connection electronic flash.

The Book Dzhost Dzh. Markezi. Technology професионального osvescheniya.1996

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:05 am

You want a "syncronization" of the camera with a built-in flash system ? Like, light sub-frames ?

This makes sense for animation only, if I'm correct !?
Zom-B wrote:He he, its a free model of some Xmas calender from a French C4D community, here is what the containing txt says:

Code: Select all

Petite table ronde pour mariage à insérer dans chapiteau.
Attention ! copyright de Daniel Mueri concernant ses couverts, les serviettes et le verre.
Fichier 10.5
If you want I can send ya the 3D files as OBJ :)
It says that there is a copyright involved on the cutlery, towels and "the glass"(ery?). I don't think that you should share the whole scene.

Well I'll try to find a different subject, thank you ! I hadn't even started yet... I have not tweaked a pack of vertices in a normal way for ages...
obsolete asset

Prof4D

Post by Prof4D » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:21 am

You want a "syncronization" of the camera with a built-in flash system ?
Yes To get the light interior.
Such possible or no.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:27 am

I can not tell. If this is for photography but not cinema I don't understand what you want.

Edit: I think, this is equivalent to reducing the flash intensity for a still image.

Edit 2: this would be different for animation, I don't think that the effect could be easily (accurately) composed in post-pro from two different shots.
obsolete asset

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:41 am

Prof4D wrote:You want a "synchronization" of the camera with a built-in flash system ?
Yes To get the light interior.
Such possible or no.
You want to control the emitter time of a lightsource relative to the opening time of a shutter, right?
So you camera shutter is opened for lets say 1 second and your flash just emits light for a half second, the turns off.

Do you know why that flash control exists??

Its because you can't dim a flash light on your camera... it just can be powered on a full brightness or turned off... there are no levels between!
But by reducing the emitting time of a flash, you can achieve a "dimming effect"!

In Indigo and all other render engines you simply can reduce the output power of a (flash) light emitter without any problem at all!
polygonmanufaktur.de

Prof4D

Post by Prof4D » Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:53 am

Without flash of a camera this impossible.
Possible imitate flash of a camera in Indigo
Attachments
14-540x403.jpg
31-540x723.jpg

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:10 am

This looks like a normal flash usage to me (I'm no photographer).

Zom-B does right then. Put the flash surface under the same scene hierarchy than the camera.

What more would you want ?
obsolete asset

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:18 am

Prof4D wrote:Without flash of a camera this impossible.
lol, so wrong! :lol:

There are reflectors and mobile softboxes mate, quite common for professional photographers! :roll:

Every 3D program is a portable super studio with all possibilities regarding having big equipment with you... use it like that!
polygonmanufaktur.de

Prof4D

Post by Prof4D » Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:37 am

The Exposure under days light only.
Filling by electronic flash.
This it is impossible do with help of the source of the light Indigo.
Needs the source imitating sun,but this only flash of a camera.
Attachments
Screenshot - 13_11_22_55.png
Screenshot - 13_11.jpg

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:28 am

Prof, that's simply done by putting a couple of extra emitters in. For those shots, they're probably using off-camera flashes that are bounced off or through umbrellas or softboxes, or bounced off the ceiling or walls behind the camera, and so forth. All that means is that you need to put in a couple of small emitters (for sharp light) or bigger ones (for soft light) and go about it like photographers would. It's all there in Indigo already; it's all in the lighting setup. There is just as much - if not more - trickery and fake-ness in professional photography as in 3d CG. Film sets and film lighting is a prime example of it.

A camera flash has no magic properties that can't already be mimicked in Indigo, except for the really short duration, which is interesting in itself.

If I may add to this, having a 'flash' type of emitter - where the duration of the emission is controlled - could be VERY fun to play with alongside motion blur and animation.

CTZn

Post by CTZn » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:39 am

Stompin Tom and Zom-B are right.
Needs the source imitating sun
Color temperature ? Intensity ? It can be done.

For a still picture with an ideal setup, there is no difference in exposure with an emitter at 100W/m² during 2s, or 50W/m² during 4s.

A flash effect can therefore be summed down to a normal emitter operating during the whole exposure time.

Please correct me if I'm wrong in the principle.
obsolete asset

39 posts