lighting

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
poodles

lighting

Post by poodles » Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:53 am

Hello

I am new to ingido render and am using 3.2.14 OSX 64 bit with cinema 4d r13 and r14. I have built a scene that I want to render, however the scene it really dark in indigo (after 3 hours of rendering), I have tagged all the lights as indigo lights tags, and converted my materials. Should I be doing something else too?

All my renders seem to be really dark in indigo in fact....

I am saving to hard rive, then opening in indigo and rendering there.

thank you
Attachments
chamber_0005.jpg
chamber_0007 INDIGO.c4d.zip
(2.56 MiB) Downloaded 210 times

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: lighting

Post by Zom-B » Tue Nov 27, 2012 7:08 am

Hey poodles, thanks for providing the scene, by that we can directly see where the "problem" is :)

You need to understand the concept of Indigo better, first of all there are no invisible emitters (now) possible in Indigo.
Each C4D light that you create gets exported to a mesh based on the settings of the Area Light.
So in you scene the Light on the bottom of the scene tree called "Light" is converted to a 3013x3198cm plane...
At the moment in Indigo emitters only emit in normal direction, so the black thing you've see in the scene is simply the back of you XXL emitter plane :lol:

About your materials I would suggest to double check them, a lot of materials are having "blend" activated without any material to blend in they get blended with Null material and getting transparent.
Converting materials from C4D to Indigo is no perfect translation into Indigo, you'll need to double-check the material!

Also use LightLayers to put lights in special layers that can be de/activated during rendering giving you good feedback on how each light contributes to the scene :)

Please check out the online manual for some good start in Indigo: http://www.indigorenderer.com/documenta ... -cinema-4d

Also give the latest version of Indigo a try, it should be faster and gave more fixes & features ;)
polygonmanufaktur.de

poodles

Re: lighting

Post by poodles » Tue Nov 27, 2012 8:10 am

Hi Zom-B, thanks for the reply. I think I get what you mean....so, in terms of lighting, I need to make sure the back of the light is not towards the camera....? Ive had a look at the manual and didn't find it a lot of help, but I will read it again (I think Im more of a hands on learner than a reader!).

In terms of materials, is it perhaps better to render within C4d rather than convert the materials and export?

thanks

3 posts • Page 1 of 1