Thank you & some questions.

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
Decade

Thank you & some questions.

Post by Decade » Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:42 am

Just picked up Indigo RT, thanks to the sale price & the excellent native Cinema4d integration.
I've used Octane in the past & it's a good fast renderer but such a pain having to go though the whole export process every time you want to so much as move a chair or add a new material.

I thought hard about RT vs the full Indigo & decided I can live with the limitations for now because biased rendering (in my case Cinema's native ones) is likely to be my main workhorse for the immediate future.

Anyway I want to thank Fusion for providing an up to date fully integrated solution. Its a major factor in the attractivness of a 3rd party renderer.

I have a couple of workflow questions if I may :

-What is the workflow for animation with Indigo for Cinema4d ?
Seeing as it renders infinately, do I just set the frame range in Cinema's render settings, then force it to stop using Indigo's Halt Time or Halt Samples Per Pixel ?

-Indigo 3's Real Time Scene Editing looks useful for initial setup of lighting & materials, is there any chance it will come to Indigo for Cinema 4d in future ?

Cheers.
Cinema4D R13 Studio, Indigo RT, Zbrush4 R3

fused
Developer
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Re: Thank you & some questions.

Post by fused » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:30 am

Hi Decade,

welcome to the forum :)
Decade wrote:-What is the workflow for animation with Indigo for Cinema4d ?
Seeing as it renders infinately, do I just set the frame range in Cinema's render settings, then force it to stop using Indigo's Halt Time or Halt Samples Per Pixel ?
That would be the way to go.
Decade wrote:-Indigo 3's Real Time Scene Editing looks useful for initial setup of lighting & materials, is there any chance it will come to Indigo for Cinema 4d in future ?
Yes, we will add that to Indigo for Cinema 4D at some point. Can't quite say when, tho.

2 posts • Page 1 of 1