Animation doesn't work with Daz3d characters..

Announcements, requests and support regarding the Cinema 4D exporter
9 posts • Page 1 of 1
giaguar67

Animation doesn't work with Daz3d characters..

Post by giaguar67 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:36 pm

Hi all.
I'm trying to find the good pipeline to export Daz3d creatures in the photorealistic world. I used for long time Daz3D and Poser but their rendering is still poor.
Some months ago I downloaded the Cinema 4D 11 demo version, and now I installed it together with interPoser Pro Demo. With them I'm able to introduce a Daz3D character into a C4D scene, animation included.
I also worked to find a good photorealistic renderer and I reached Indigo. I find it extremely simple to use and very powerful.
My problem is: when I render only one frame, the result is fabulous (and fast, respect to Maxwell Render and others). But when I use an animation, also with only two frames, the render goes bad: instead of rendering each frame with the character position you can see in the corresponding frame in C4D, it renders the character position about the last frame, and this for each frame. In the end, you will have each frame with the same character position (that is the last one).
I tried with Indigo 2.4.13 and with 2.2.1, but the result is the same. I also tried updating C4D and interPoser Pro, but the result is still the same. It's only a problem with Daz3D characters, because I'm able to animate C4D objects.
Every one can make a test, because the main Daz3D characters are free and interPoserPro has a fully functional Demo version.
I'll appreciate every effort to find a good solution for that issue.
Thanks a lot.

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Re: Animation doesn't work with Daz3d characters..

Post by zeitmeister » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:57 pm

I think the problem is situated somewhere between Interposer Pro and Indigo Instances.
Interposer loads in every frame a new Mesh from a mesh sequence, is that right? And it uses an XREF for doing so.
I suppose that Indigo doesn't understand XREFs properly... especially, when "animated" per script or what else... in this case.

So what may work for you at the moment?
Fused may have a look on this... in fact, rendering animations is not a very strength of Indigo.

But animated XREFs would be very nice working ... think of fluid animations imported to C4D; here you might have the same problem.
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

giaguar67

Post by giaguar67 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:29 pm

Hello, Zeitmeister. Thanks for your very rapid answer.
I don't think the problem is the way InterPoser uses to insert the animation into C4D. That's why I made a test: I inserted a character into an empty C4D scene and I changed the transformation parameters (own of the character) to make a simple animation 'inside C4D'. So I used the character itself and a simple animation created inside Cinema, but I had the same problem.
I think the problem is about the morphing and trasformation structure that InterPoser put inside the character in order to allow movements made directly into C4D.

I think that there are many people that could come from the Poser universe, knowing that Indigo can render their own works fine. The real only crucial gap is this one. Hopefully someone will find the solution. Thanks

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:50 am

In the advanced Indigo options you have a checkbox called "static animation".
If this is checked Cindigo only exports one mesh and per frame the chnages of position etc. in the igs file.
if unchecked, Cindigo exports a mesh for each frame! thats the hidden trigger you are looking for :)

regarding rendering the animation use this little script:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/forum/vie ... =7&t=10247

use the halt option in Cindigo to handle rendertime for the frames, afaik the passing of this parameters isn't working perfect for the script atm, but I use it often to render multiple images over night etc.
polygonmanufaktur.de

giaguar67

Post by giaguar67 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:09 am

Good idea, Zoom-B.
Only one another questions: how to make igs files without to render from C4D? The only way I know to do that is to launch the render. In fact, I was wandering to create a batch file to do that, but as far as I know I need to launch a 'false' render per each frame (that is to block it after few seconds. In that case, however, I waste long time. Do you know another way?

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:46 am

Exporting igs is only with "render with Indigo" from the plugIn dropdown possible.
Simply close Indigo once the files are exported and use the ruby script to render the whole folder with it.
polygonmanufaktur.de

giaguar67

Post by giaguar67 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:28 am

Thank you, Zom-B.

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Post by Zom-B » Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:32 am

you are welcome :)
Feel free to show your animation at some point!
polygonmanufaktur.de

zeitmeister
2nd Place 100

Post by zeitmeister » Sun Dec 19, 2010 6:16 am

Wow, I didn't recognize the not-so-new animation options yet...
this sounds really cool!

I will do a short animation test with the script "between the years"... yeah!
Cheers, David

DAVIDGUDELIUS // 3D.PORTFOLIO
·
Indigo 4.4.15 | Indigo for C4D 4.4.13.1 | C4D R23 | Mac OS X 10.13.6 | Windows 10 Professional x64

9 posts • Page 1 of 1