Download Trial Buy now

Search  | Login  | Register

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 
Offline
Using C4D Prime R13, Indigo RT 3.2.9 and Cindigo 3.2.9.1

I tested the C4D and Cindigo integration using the Indigo Renderer trial and was impressed. But with a promise for better integration with Indigo RT, I decided to buy a license for RT.

Unfortunately, even though I uninstalled Renderer *and* C4D before reinstalling C4D and RT, "Indigo Renderer" still shows up as an option in my C4D Render Settings. If I choose it as the renderer, accidentally or on purpose, I get a license warning from C4D. Is there a way to make the leftover Indigo Renderer option go away?

Also, is having C4D still think it sees Indigo Renderer solely a cosmetic issue, or could it possibly interfere with how the exported .igs file is built? I'm having render difficulties with RT that I didn't have with Renderer, like crashing the video driver and freezing my system. It looks like it's either temperature or something wonky with the .igs file that's causing it. But the same render earlier today with the Renderer trial didn't misbehave at all.

Jeff

PS - I'm running a pool here to see how long it takes someone to suggest that I should have purchased Renderer instead of RT (and then I wouldn't be having these problems). :D :twisted:


 Profile  
 
Offline
User avatar
2nd Place Winner
The first sentence of the last Cindigo build says:

Quote:
There still isn't an integrated version for Indigo RT yet, but the export functionality works as before.
At the moment you need to export your scene "the old way" and render it directly with RT... :/

JeffBDVS wrote:
But with a promise for better integration with Indigo RT
Where exactly did you get that promise from? ^^

I'm sure Glare is already working on RT integration, at the moment Cindigo simply doesn't "see" your RT license and uses only a "indigo_sdk.dll"...


JeffBDVS wrote:
Also, is having C4D still think it sees Indigo Renderer solely a cosmetic issue, or could it possibly interfere with how the exported .igs file is built? I'm having render difficulties with RT that I didn't have with Renderer, like crashing the video driver and freezing my system. It looks like it's either temperature or something wonky with the .igs file that's causing it. But the same render earlier today with the Renderer trial didn't misbehave at all.
Indigo RT is a "crippled" version of Indigo with deactivated features. It works besides that 100% the same and gets compiled out of the same code and works with the same kind of igs!

But if you use features out of cindigo like sss and export to RT, the program should correctly explain that it doesn't support that feature...


P.S. If you decide to upgrade to Indigo Renderer from the RT version you only pay the difference left afaik ;)

_________________
Cindigo user - My Portfolio
3 x 4770k with 32GB each


 Profile  
 
Offline
Hi Zom-B,

I know that RT doesn't integrate like Renderer, that's why I was using the Renderer trial. I wanted to see how the integration worked with the more capable and expensive version. I figured when better integration came along for RT, it would look and work much the same way. At least I hope it will, because what I saw with Renderer was *very* cool! :)

Zom-B wrote:
JeffBDVS wrote:
But with a promise for better integration with Indigo RT

Where exactly did you get that promise from? ^^

I got it from fused! On 18 Mar 12 he said:
Quote:
You can still use the export functionality as before. We are working on it. There will be support for integrated rendering with RT within the next couple of weeks.



Zom-B wrote:
Indigo RT is a "crippled" version of Indigo with deactivated features. It works besides that 100% the same and gets compiled out of the same code and works with the same kind of igs!

Thanks for that. I didn't know for sure -- sometimes big brother and baby brother software versions aren't very much alike at all. I guess I'm off to do more troubleshooting!

Jeff


 Profile  
 
Offline
User avatar
Site Admin
Yves / Fused is actually working on the Indigo SDK build for Indigo RT right now, so that Indigo RT will be on equal footing as far as 3D modelling integration is concerned :)

This isn't expected to take long, and we'll probably have a release out this week resolving this issue; sorry for the inconvenience!


 Profile  
 
Offline
User avatar
2nd Place Winner
JeffBDVS wrote:
...I got it from fused! On 18 Mar 12 he said...
I simply misunderstood you regarding that before, sorry -.-'

lycium wrote:
Yves / Fused is actually working on the Indigo SDK build for Indigo RT right now
great!

_________________
Cindigo user - My Portfolio
3 x 4770k with 32GB each


 Profile  
 
Offline
lycium wrote:
This isn't expected to take long, and we'll probably have a release out this week resolving this issue; sorry for the inconvenience!

No worries. I try to be patient about such things. I don't always succeed, but I do try. :)

Regardless, that is good news.

Jeff


 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 6 posts ] 



You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  

Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group