It's been a while since the last beta release. The main reason it has taken so long is that the handling of materials on GPU has been in large part rewritten. Realtime changes for materials on GPU should now be a lot faster. Also mouse movement should be a lot smoother, and GPU rendering should be faster in general.
Expect more optimisations in the coming days!
NOTE: Initial build times for OpenCL kernels might be quite slow (several minutes on Nvidia), but will load much faster in subsequent usage.
This is a Beta release.
If you spot any bugs or problems, please make a post about them in this thread.
Indigo for Windows 64-bit:IndigoRenderer_x64_4.0.46_Setup.exe
Indigo for Linux 64-bit:IndigoRenderer_x64_v4.0.46.tar.gz
Indigo for Mac OS X (10.7 - ):IndigoRenderer4.0.46.dmg
Indigo RT for Windows 64-bit:IndigoRT_x64_4.0.46_Setup.exe
Indigo RT for Linux 64-bit:IndigoRT_x64_v4.0.46.tar.gz
Indigo RT for Mac OS X (10.7 - ):IndigoRT4.0.46.dmg
* GPU PT: Faster material builds and realtime changes.
* GPU PT: More optimised material code.
* GPU PT: Added support for realtime env map rotation.
* GPU PT: Fixed crash when changing material emission.
* GPU PT: Fixed realtime cam movement not working when camera motion blur was used.
* Faster initialisation of OpenGL preview widget.
* Faster loading of JPEGs when loading scenes.
* Made it faster to close indigo or close a scene when a scene build is in progress, as will interrupt it.
* Made subdivision cancellable during scene build.
* local mat DB: Store material name and description from online mat DB instead of from pigm file.
* Added compression for Indigo mesh (.igmesh) files, should now be 2x to 3x smaller on disk.
* Sped up subdivision and displacement in some cases.
* Improved handling of displacement - gaps will not be created at edges that have shading normal discontinuities.
* Fixed issue with shading normal discontinuities and subdivision creating subdivision artifacts.
* Fixed AboutDialog in dark theme.
* Made archives opened directly (e.g. PIGM, PIGS, PIGQ files) unpack to appdata_path/unpacked_materials, appdata_path/unpacked_scenes or
appdata_path/unpacked_queues, instead of a quasi-random dir in temp.
* Added support to the UI for saving materials with Indigo v3.x compatible XML.
File > Save As, 'Indigo Material, version 3.x compatible (*.igm)' etc..
* Added "Show FPS" option to options dialog.
* Made tonemapping faster.