Indigo 2.4 Stable Released

General News and accouncements regarding the Indigo render engine
OnoSendai
Developer

Indigo 2.4 Stable Released

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:46 pm

Hi Everyone,
We're pleased to announce the release of Indigo 2.4.13 as Indigo Renderer 2.4 Stable. We will be offering a special 15% reduction for the next two weeks, until September 30th, to celebrate the 2.4 stable release.

Read about the new features and improvements since 2.2 here: http://www.indigorenderer.com/features/twopointfour

You can view the press release here: http://www.indigorenderer.com/press_rel ... opointfour

A big thank you to the exporter writers for their fantastic work.
Thanks to everyone who has submitted bug reports, renders, or thoughts during the 2.4 development process as well.

You can download Indigo 2.4 Stable from here:
http://www.indigorenderer.com/downloads

Zom-B
1st Place 100

Re: Indigo 2.4 Stable Released

Post by Zom-B » Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:40 pm

Congratulations for this milestone glare!

Can't wait to read about your roadmap for the next versions,
there is some awesomeness heading our way for sure :)

juan_irender
Indigo 100
3D Software: Cinema 4D

Post by juan_irender » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Congratulations for this great achievement, Indigo Team! Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

hcpiter
1st Place Winner

Post by hcpiter » Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:27 pm

Yeaa ! Good to see new stable version of indigo ! Big, big thanks for Glare tech team and developers/exporters !

cheers :)

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:16 am

Awesome work! Another milestone.

Does Alpha rendering work again? It don't work with 2.4.10 so I'm hoping 2.4 stable will fix this...

SaphireS
Indigo 100

Post by SaphireS » Fri Sep 17, 2010 9:24 am

Nice! Can't wait to play with it! ;)

Godzilla
Indigo 100

Post by Godzilla » Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:34 am

Great work guys!

(You may want to edit the GUI images in the manual btw.)

Soup

Post by Soup » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:52 pm

We're working on the manual, and there's all kinds of cool stuff in the pipeline. You just wait ;)

StompinTom
Indigo 100

Post by StompinTom » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:44 am

Has anything been done to the importance sampling code or what? I've got a scene with the camera looking from the outside into a glassed volume, lit by sunlight and artificial lights inside. With 2.4.10 the interior resolves much quicker than with 2.4.13.

I'll post the scene a bit later, once I finish up a few things. I'm sticking with 2.4.10 for my needs for now...

OnoSendai
Developer

Post by OnoSendai » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:35 pm

StompinTom wrote:Has anything been done to the importance sampling code or what? I've got a scene with the camera looking from the outside into a glassed volume, lit by sunlight and artificial lights inside. With 2.4.10 the interior resolves much quicker than with 2.4.13.

I'll post the scene a bit later, once I finish up a few things. I'm sticking with 2.4.10 for my needs for now...
Hi Tom,
I don't recall any changes that should adversely affect such a lighting situation between 2.4.10 and 2.4.13.

However, we will be releasing some changes very soon (next week at latest), that should greatly improve the render speed for such scenes.

Pibuz
1st Place 100
3D Software: SketchUp

Post by Pibuz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:01 am

Hi guys, big issue here.

Seems like the Linux64 bits version has some sort of bug: I verified my lifetime license normally last sunday using an active internet connection, but now that I don't have any available Indigo says that my license is NOT verified and runs in free mode.
I don't have a permanent internet connection, but I REALLY need to work with the 64bits version. The win32 version of Indigo normally runs in licensed mode even if I'm not connected to the internet..

Any chance you solve this quickly?

Thank you very much.

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:22 am

Pibuz wrote:Hi guys, big issue here.

Seems like the Linux64 bits version has some sort of bug: I verified my lifetime license normally last sunday using an active internet connection, but now that I don't have any available Indigo says that my license is NOT verified and runs in free mode.
I don't have a permanent internet connection, but I REALLY need to work with the 64bits version. The win32 version of Indigo normally runs in licensed mode even if I'm not connected to the internet..

Any chance you solve this quickly?

Thank you very much.
Hey,

Indigo does not require an internet connection, only a network adapter, since it uses its MAC adress for licencing.

If you have multiple network adapters the order of the adapters adresses could be different on different OSs and Indigo just picks the first one. (you could meybe fix this by reordering the network adapters in your linux in some obscure config file? Could be possible, don't really know linux that well.... )

There currently is no other way of resolving that issue other than us resetting your license. Please send a mail at support with info about which license you need to have reset.

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 3:50 am

Hi fused, thanks for your reply.
Maybe I was a little unclear before.

I have 2 OS installed: Win32 and Linux64, same machine. I have a full lifetime license.

The Win32 license works fine. I installed Indigo, licenced it ONCE through the internet and all is ok nowadays. Even if I update the software with the latest releases, the license works perfectly even if I don't have an active internet connection. I simply run the latest installer and it goes ok.

In Linux64 instead I once installed the license, verified and ok. But now every time I start up Indigo in Linux (the licensed version, not even an update) it doesn't recognize the MAC address... but my product has already been licensed!
It seems that Indigo under Linux tries to activate the license every time I launch it (and for this it needs internet), while under windows it doesn't.

I don't know Linux very well either, but it is a problem for me, because I don't have an internet connection available, so I basically cannot use Indigo 64 bits...

Is it more clear now?
Thank you so much!

fused
Developer

Post by fused » Sun Oct 17, 2010 4:38 am

Pibuz wrote:Hi fused, thanks for your reply.
Maybe I was a little unclear before.

I have 2 OS installed: Win32 and Linux64, same machine. I have a full lifetime license.

The Win32 license works fine. I installed Indigo, licenced it ONCE through the internet and all is ok nowadays. Even if I update the software with the latest releases, the license works perfectly even if I don't have an active internet connection. I simply run the latest installer and it goes ok.

In Linux64 instead I once installed the license, verified and ok. But now every time I start up Indigo in Linux (the licensed version, not even an update) it doesn't recognize the MAC address... but my product has already been licensed!
It seems that Indigo under Linux tries to activate the license every time I launch it (and for this it needs internet), while under windows it doesn't.

I don't know Linux very well either, but it is a problem for me, because I don't have an internet connection available, so I basically cannot use Indigo 64 bits...

Is it more clear now?
Thank you so much!
Hey Pibuz,

I was aware of that and you problem is very clear :)

Have you installed any other network adapters recently? Indigo tries to validate the license key with the MAC adress of the first network adapter it finds when it starts up (but it does not need an internet connection for that). If the system internal order of the available network adapters is different between your two OSs Indigo will not be able to run on both, currently.

Can you please contact support at indigorenderer dot com and provide the hardware id strings Indigo gives your in you linux and windows.

Thanks,
Yves

Pibuz
1st Place 100

Post by Pibuz » Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:14 am

Windows version ( in the licence tab) allows me to get my hardware key; in the Linux version, under "your harware key" slot, I receive the message: " mac_addr_sys failed." : this only happens if I'm not connected to the internet, while all goes fine if I'm conneted.

Do you still need the windows detected harware key?

26 posts